cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ofuser
Level 2

Removing old version desktop icon and program files folders

Hi
I have created two different versions of our same application (standard, developer) and installed both in same machine. Setup created using installehied express 2010. Both are using the same icon file. While creating an upgrade, it will uninstall the previous version, but not removing the shortcut icon form the desktop. But it is removing the folders from program files folder in vista machines, but not in XP.

If I install only one version (standard or developer), during upgrade time, it is removing the folder and shortcut icons properly. It is leaving the old icon when I install both setups in same machine. How do I set the properties to fix this issue. The description is different for both products. I have tried by giving one product with .ico link and another with exe link, but still not removing the old icons.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MattQVI
Level 8

I have a similar problem, except that in my latest upgrade the desktop shortcut changed names. It adds the new one but doesn't remove the old one... even with the information being in the RemoveFile table (as I was instructed before).

I even tried creating the shortcut as new so that it wouldn't be confused with the previous one (different names too).
0 Kudos