cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adorepirin
Level 2

ReinstallMode = Amus causes blank display icon in Programs and Features

Hello. 
I had to set Amus for REINSTLALMODE value to always reinstall the files regardless versions. It leads to something strange and completely unrelated - when I observe my apps in Programs and Features the "Amus" apps have a blank display icon instead of default setupicon.ico. I have checked and the latter is correctly set as Display Icon in the General Information panel and that behavior occurs in InstalShield 2016, 2019, 2021...
You may check the screen below. Is there any solution for that or it's a known bug in InstallShield?

Amus2.jpg

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
adorepirin
Level 2

I found additional trace about that issue. All display icons (visible in Programs and Features) are kept in windows registry on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\{SOME GUID} in key ProductIcon with some path as value in format "C:\Windows\Installer\{Another GUID}\ARPPRODUCTICON.exe" . I found that folder named as the other guid does not exist inside C:\Windows\Installer . So InstallShield doesn't create that folder despite the path is set as ProductIcon in the registry and that's the reason why default white blank icon is presented in Programs and Features. If there's any ideas how to solve that or where I could report that issue to be fixed in the next InstallShield releases I'll be very appreciated.

0 Kudos