cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cfisher440
Level 2

Registry Key Not Fully Installing

I created a package that creates the following registry key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Google\Chrome\Extensions\aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb]
"update_url"="https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx"

I noticed that on machines that have the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Google\Chrome\Extensions already installed the full registry key/value is installed

Now if the machine does not have the Extensions key (so it has the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Google\Chrome\ but no Extensions key after that. It will create the Extensions key and that's it. It doesn't create the aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb key underneath that along with the value I need in there.

Hoping someone can help me with this. I'm guessing it's something small I'm not doing.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @Cfisher440 ,

Hope you had opted for registry key-value type of string, Do you see any print on log file about the issue?

WriteRegistryValues is a custom action that is responsible for writing registry entries, which gets executed at the end of installation execution sequence.

It has to work as expected assuming user has required access(Mostly Administrator since it deals with creating/updating of registry keys).

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos