cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
honolua
Level 7

Registry Help

Project Type: InstallScript MSI

I need to be able to set some registry entries based on input taken from a dialog box. I'd like to be able to set up the registry values via the IDE with properties but I'm not sure how it works. After taking the values from the dialog boxes I use MsiSetProperty(). In the IDE I set the registry value to [MSI_PROPERTY_NAME] but on install the value is blank. What is the proper way to pass a value from InstallScript code such that it can be used to set registry values configured with the IDE?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Quite right, getting the InstallScript value during the UI sequence and passing it to MSI with MsiGetProperty should do it. Does a log file tell you anything more? Does adding the dialog property to SecureCustomProperties help? Perhaps post a code snippet?
0 Kudos
honolua
Level 7

Must have been a bad couple of runs on the installer. The most recent runs, one on a 2k3 server and the other on a clean 2k8 server, both yielded the appropriate registry values being in place. No idea what happened on the previous runs that left them blank. Sorry for the noise.
0 Kudos