cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karl_hahn
Level 2

Registry Fails to Update

I am using Visual Studio 2015 and InstallShield 2015LE

My installer installs delivers all the exe and dll files to the correct folder, but it fails to update the registry. I don't know how to upload a screen-shot of my registry view, but essentially is shows radio buttons of "Do you want to configure the registry data that your app will install?" and I have "Yes" selected. Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER I have Software -> Domotactical. That shows in the left hand column. On the right under "Name" I have "DevCfgInstall" and under "Data" I have "[INSTALDIR]", as per instructions at http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield22helplib/helplibrary/FAQRegistryWritingProps.htm. I have run this installer repeatedly with admin privileges. It has NO effect on the registry.

I have also tried adding a name-value to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE (32-bit) -> Domotactical. Again no effect.

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

If you are installing on a 64bit machine, are you looking under Wow6432Node for your registry key?
If it is not there, I would recommend generating a MSI log with the Create MSI Logs setting in the General Information view.
The log should help locate the cause of the problem.
0 Kudos