cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WW1765
Level 2

Registry Entries for ODBC System32

I'm having an issue with running an installation package on Windows 7 (64 bit). I'm able to add an ODBC 64-bit registry entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Wow6432Node->ODBC without an issue. However, I'm adding the identical ODBC settings in the registry for 32-bit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->ODBC. I'm receiving no errors/warnings from the InstallShield VS 2010 LE package but the entries are not appearing as expected in the system32 registry. I've tried to export/import the registry tree several times, but the entries just for System32 are not being added by the install package.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
bharath_k_s
Level 7

Hello,

You would not be able to create 64 bit Setup in InstallShield Limited Edition.

32-bit programs and 64-bit programs that are running on 64-bit operating System operate in different modes. The registry entries of a 32 bit installer would be redirected to Wow6432node that is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432node and 64 bit installer would have their registry entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software.

Please take a moment and refer the following MSDN article which explains about the Registry in 64 bit Operating System

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896459

Thanks,
Bharath
0 Kudos