cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sasikumar
Level 4

Regarding mutiple instance using Installscript project

Hi,
In General information, I have set Maintenance Experience to "multi-instance" for the Installscript project.

So when I first install, It gets installed all the files, virtual directory, and App-pool setting. It's working as expected.
when I rerun the Installer, it gets created with new name ApplicationName_1 but Virtual directory and App-pool setting is not created.
Do we need to change anything for creating a virtual directory and App-pool setting for the second instance? Please guide me with the solution. Thanks in advance.

with regards,

Sasikumar.A

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @sasikumar ,

"it gets created with new name ApplicationName_1 but Virtual directory and App-pool setting is not created"

Can you please elaborate?Does Application under website gets created with entry ApplicationName_1 on installing second instance?

To get quick insight on what happens to IIS entries upon second instance installation,you can compare the contents of file:

"C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\Config\applicationHost.config" with first instance as well with second instance installation.

You could see contents like applicationpool,website,application entries in that file.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi @Jenifer ,

Thank you for the response. 

when I install the application. Application installed with name "X" in IIS Default Web site folder and virtual directory and App pool is created as expected. you can see in the attachment.

when I try to reinstall the application, Application installed with name "X_2" in IIS Default Web site folder. but Virtual directory and App pool is not created. DO we have any setting to be changed or I miss something?  

*** I have compared file between first and second installation. but I don't see any difference in the applicationHost XML file 

Please refer screenshot off IIS default website and applicationhost.config file attached. Thanks in advance.

with regards,

Sasikumar.A

0 Kudos

Hi @Jenifer ,

Please refrain from this bug. I have found the fix. Thanks for the help.

with regards,

Sasikumar.A

0 Kudos

Hi @sasikumar ,

Happy to see you could fix.But just wondering why it doesn't happen here.Feel free to post the solution here which might help some new forum visitors.

Hope you had added new application linked with application pool that you wanted to add.Creation of new application pool shouldn't be a problem at all.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos