cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coolerwl
Level 4

Recognize which features has been installed

Hello,

I need to find the name of the features which has been installed during installation of the application. Probably they are stored somewhere in registry but I don't know where I should look for to find them. Can you help me with that.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
MSIYER
Level 8

Features in registry would be represented using GUIDs.

You can also check the install log. That has all the info in one place.
0 Kudos
coolerwl
Level 4

Unfortunately I cannot find in registry features which have been installed using Product Code.
0 Kudos
MSIYER
Level 8

You need to use the Feature GUID for the query.
0 Kudos
coolerwl
Level 4

Thank you for your replay.

Unfortunately I cannot find option to define feature GUID's in Features View window. Any idea how to do that?
0 Kudos
MSIYER
Level 8

You do not have to define those GUIDs. They are automatically added when you create a Feature in the Installshield IDE.

You can change those GUIDs later, though.

You have to look int the ORGANIZATION-->FEATURES.
Click on the feature you want and you can find its GUID listed on the right side GRID.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

If your project type is installscript.

"On install, feature states are stored in the InstallScript log created in C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{ProductCode}\setup.ilg.

You can used the InstallScript log viewer (Tools->InstallScript->Log File Viewer) to open an view the information stored in the log."
0 Kudos
coolerwl
Level 4

@MSIYER:

Unfortunately on the grid I see only a couple of options:

(Display Name, Description,Remote Installation, Destionation, Install Leverl, Display, Advertised,Required,Release Flags, Condition,Comments). I don't see GUID. Maybe because I'm using Basic MSI Project?

Best Regards
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Features in MSI projects do not use GUIDs. If you want to query which features are present, you can use a combination of MsiEnumFeatures and MsiQueryFeatureState (C++), or equivalents in other languages or wrappers.
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

If your project is either Basic MSI or InstallScript MSI, you can iterate through the Feature table and call MsiGetFeatureState for each feature.

You don't need to read it directly from the registry.

I don't think MsiEnumFeatures is available in InstallScript language.
0 Kudos