cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carsten
Level 4

ReadyToInstall on Windows 7 RC

I have converted an ISX 2009 to ISX 2010 project. In this project I have a number of Custom Actions running after the Ready To Install dialog has been shown.

This still works on Vista, but on 7 the Ready To Install dialog has changed, but more important the Custom Actions after this is not called.

It seems that internally the ISX forgets to call the Custom Actions when the new kind of Windows 7 Ready To install dialog is displayed.

Can anyone confirm and advise me what to do?

-cpede
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Is the "Show All Users Option" setting of the root node in the Dialogs view set to "Yes (Only Windows 7 and later)" or "Yes (All Systems)"? If so, change it to No, rebuild your project, and see if it makes any difference.
0 Kudos
carsten
Level 4

Yes, this prevents the problem from ocurring.

But what if a want to use the new option, and dialog on MSI4?
What is the correct way of doing it?

-cpede
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I have attached the InstallShield 2010 hotfix for this issue to this post. Please follow the steps below to apply the fix. Note that it is an unofficial release as it is not fully tested by our QA team. I would strongly recommend that you make a backup copy of the original files before applying the fix. Also, I have filed the work order IOC-000082384 so that it will be fixed in a future version of InstallShield.

[LIST=1]
  • Close the InstallShield 2010 IDE.
  • Copy the attached ISAppServices.dll and ISUpgrade.dll to C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\System folder.
  • Launch the InstallShield 2010 IDE.
  • Open your IS 2009 project.
  • Rebuild your setup.

Regards.
  • 0 Kudos