cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yozturk
Level 4

Reactivation problem

Hi all,

I installed InstallShield - 2010 Premier Edition 1,5 years ago. I went through activation process and prepared lots of setups using InstallShield. I stopped working with InstallShield nearly 6 months before. But I need to run InstallShield again, now.

When I try to run InstallShield, "InstallShield Reactivation" form opens with the following options:

- (Disabled / Greyed) "Continue to use InstallShield without reactivating"
- (Enabled) Reactivate InstallShield
- (Enabled) Activate or purchase a new license of InstallShield
- (Enabled) Configure InstallShield to get license from a license server

NOTE: The machine running InstallShield has no internet connection.

At first, I went through "Reactive InstallShield" and sent license.request file to InstallShield support e-mail address and received a request.xml file.

My problem is, where will I paste the contents of response.xml file to reactivate InstallShield? When I select "Reactivate InstallShield" and click "next", only request text is displayed, no place to paste the contents of response.xml file is displayed.

Please help me to reactivate InstallShield again.

-Best regards.
-Yavuz
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
yozturk
Level 4

Hi all,

I did a little a registry trick and displayed the response text box. I pasted the contents of response.xml file into that text box and clicked "Activate".

Unfortunately, when I try to run InstallShield again, reactivation form opens again.

Please help...

-Best regards.
-Yavuz
0 Kudos
Not applicable

0 Kudos
Manuel_K
Level 4

Got a similar issue with re-activation.
Please call the customer support. They will check the activation limit and instruct you to unregister your installation and re-register it afterwards (a plain reactivation didn't work for me either).
0 Kudos