cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

REMOVE="ALL" verus REMOVE=ALL

I have an install that will trigger the launching of an app on the finish dialog box with the following conditions:

Not Installed Or Not REMOVE="ALL"

On install the app is triggered correctly and if I run the uninstall through the Add/Remove then it will uninstall correctly, but if I run the install in maintenance mode, to Remove the app, it will pass the condition and try to trigger the app to run. This will fail because the app does not exist.

If I change the condition to REMOVE=ALL then it seems to work correctly.

But is this correct? Does this need the "" or are both acceptable. If they are acceptable then why did it fail on the uninstall finish dialog box?

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Using the syntax REMOVE=ALL compares the value of the REMOVE property to the value of a property named ALL. Using REMOVE="ALL" compares the value of the REMOVE property to the string literal "ALL".

You may try checking the feature or component states instead for a simpler condition. For example, check to see if the feature was or is currently installed:
&FeatureName=3 OR !FeatureName=3

For a component:
$ComponentName=3 OR ?ComponentName=3

The above conditions are true if FeatureName or Component name were just installed or are currently installed on the machine.
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

Okay so I was looking at my log file and I see the following PROPERTY CHANGE line:

MSI (s) (B0:B0) [08:41:14:073]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying REMOVE property. Its current value is 'Languages,Platform,Senteo,Drivers,Support,WebInterface,LessonActivities,SPU,SoftwareService'. Its new value: 'ALL'.

So according to this the property REMOVE does change to the literal string of 'ALL'

So I should be able to use the condition REMOVE="ALL" as long as the custom actions that are checking for this condtion are sequenced after the InstallValidate where this property is changed.
0 Kudos