cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vivekjazzwal
Level 3

QuickPatch Project: registry changes are moving to WOW6432Node key for 64-bit msi

I made some registry changes for existing registry entries in QuickPatch project but when installing the patch(.msp), it make changes to WOW6432Node key instead of the 64-bit location.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Varaprasad
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

As a work around you can change the patch msp file component to 64bit using orca or installshield and then try to install the patch it will update in 64 registry location.

OR

Try using minor upgrade via patch design. 

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply!!

I had already done the same(Updating component table manually) but problem is we need to automate the process as there are lots of patches.

Do you know if there is any way to update component table programmatically in .msp file?(maybe some vbscript or something)

0 Kudos

Can you please confirm if this is the bug with the QuickPatch project? If yes, i would request you to provide Hotfix for that.
0 Kudos

Yes, this issue is already reported to InstallShield product team and it would be addressed in future release. Please contact Flexera support with your maintenance plan details and they should be able to help you with more details. 

0 Kudos