cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdefault
Level 3

Question about change "preparing to setup..." dialog

Dear engineers,

I bought a license of intallshield 2013 primier!
I want change "preparing to setup..." dialog by my dialog (a MFC dialog)!
Please tell me how can i do it!

If i cannot do this. Can i request intallshield support to change it?

Please tell me as soon as possible!

Thanks & Regards!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

There are two initialization dialogs which are displayed in a row. The second can be edited in the dialog editor (the SetupInitialization dialog), the first can't. But you can remove the first dialog, replacing it with a small progress bar in the lower right corner of the screen, combined with an image in the center of the screen, which you can make look like a dialog. To do this, set "Small Initialization Dialog" to yes in the setup.exe options and insert the image in Support Files > Splash Screen.
The above applies to "Basic MSI" projects. Things are different if you're using another projekt type.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
userdefault
Level 3

Dear Stefan Krueger,

I use IntallScript project type, can i use my MFC dialog to replace intallshield's "preparing to setup..." dialog?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

You can select "small initialization dialog" in InstallScript, too.
I'm not sure what you mean by "MFC dialog". Since the initialization dialog is displayed by InstallShield's setup.exe you have some options to modify the appearance, but you can't control the behavior.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
userdefault
Level 3

0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

userdefault wrote:
Could you resolve problem in this link?
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?206941-Crash-program-when-call-FeaturesSetData%28%29-installshield-2013

No. I think that only InstallShield staff can help with this.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos