cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobias79
Level 5

Q113652 Hotfix for Standalone Buildmachines

Hello,

In Q113652 (http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q113652) there is described the ALLUSERS problem when using InstallScript CAs. Now we build the release builds using a standalone IS2008 buildmachine. Is there a hotfix available as well ?

Regards,
Tobias

PS: The ISScript.dll from Standalone SystemDir and IS2008/System don't seem to be the same ones...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

You can apply the fix from the KB to the Standalone Build by doing the following:

1. Apply the fix to the full InstallShield 2008 location
2. Copy the following files from the full IS install location to the Standalone Build install location:
...\IS2008\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISP\ISSetup.dll to ...\IS 2008 StandaloneBuild\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISP\ISSetup.dll

...\IS2008\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISP\ISSetup.dll to ...\IS 2008 StandaloneBuild\System\ISSetup.dll

...\IS2008\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISSetup.dll to ...\IS 2008 StandaloneBuild\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISSetup.dll

That should do it.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

A minor misinformation below. There is no ISSetup.dll in System folder under Standalone Build (SAB) install directory.
SherylSikora wrote:
...\IS2008\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISP\ISSetup.dll to ...\IS 2008 StandaloneBuild\System\ISSetup.dll
I had the same doubt, and it was answered here.
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

You are correct that the ISSetup.dll from ...\IS2008\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISP\ISSetup.dll should be placed in the ...\IS 2008 StandaloneBuild folder. This is the location that the IS 2008 SAB installer places it.

Placing it in this location however did introduce a bug in building InstallScript objects documented in issue # IOC-000061329 to be fixed in a future release. An error 125 is thrown during build due to the incorrect placement of this file. The correct location is actually ...\IS 2008 StandaloneBuild\System\ISSetup.dll. That said, if you do not build InstallScript objects, you will not need to worry about the placement of this file and placing it in the ...\IS 2008 StandaloneBuild folder will work just fine.

Sorry I did not include this complete explanation when I said to place the file into the SAB System folder.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
mehajure
Level 3

Hi all,

Error 125... took me hours to find out that this hotfix produces that output. Fortunately I had a backup of my build system so I could go back to a working version.
It's hard for me to beleive that this has not been corrected for IS2008 in spite of the fact that this issue has been found out in the first half of 2007 (!) . So in fact it is not possible for me to use the standalone build for (at least some of) my projects cause installshield objects won't build.:confused:

Does somebody know if there is a solution for IS2008 concerning this issue?

Thanks in advance,

H.-J.
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

Are you talking about Q113652, which contains hotfix for the problem described in this thread, or some other bug?
mehajure wrote:
Hi all,

Error 125... took me hours to find out that this hotfix produces that output. Fortunately I had a backup of my build system so I could go back to a working version.
It's hard for me to beleive that this has not been corrected for IS2008 in spite of the fact that this issue has been found out in the first half of 2007 (!) . So in fact it is not possible for me to use the standalone build for (at least some of) my projects cause installshield objects won't build.:confused:

Does somebody know if there is a solution for IS2008 concerning this issue?

Thanks in advance,

H.-J.
0 Kudos