cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thanatos83
Level 5

Prompt for Disk1

Hi all !!!

Need a little help, please. My "installscript msi project" takes 2 DVD's, one of this in format (DVD9) and the other one (DVD5), but in this project i added a "support" folder with an executable inside to install.

I set this folder in Disk1, with the option in "Support Files/Billboards" to include this folder only in Disk1, so not install in the target machine. The problem is when i finish the installation, installshield not prompt enterdisk for "Disk1" and error occurs because can't find the executable to install.

How can i do to installshield prompts an enterdisk for "Disk1"??? thx... :confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
thanatos83
Level 5

not replies??? 😞

well i remember i put [SourceDir] to path the executable. but how can i do to prompt for firs disk before installshield search the execitable???
0 Kudos
J_anitha
Level 8

Your Media table should have 2 entries for diskprompt.
0 Kudos
thanatos83
Level 5

Hi!

Yes, i see in section "Media" this two entries, so should i add one more entry to call the exe in disk1 ???.

In media table i see "LastSequence" for the file but where can i see the number of the sequence of the exe?. Perhaps adding one more entri with a number of the exe sequence fix this???

thanks to reply anitha.
0 Kudos
J_anitha
Level 8

You dont have to add more entries to Media table.
Your "VolumeLabel" entry should match with the one you had set while creating your Release. With this you must get disk prompt for InstallScriptMSI projects.
0 Kudos
thanatos83
Level 5

HI.

Yes, this entries are OK.

First of all i inserted the one disk (DVD9) and i install the product, at midle of the installation installshield prompts me to insert the second disk (DVD5), and at the end of the installation installhield show me an error, because not found the executable in the support dir to run.

I remember only i added the support folder to "Advence Files Disk1" from "Support Files/Billboards" and not in the installation. perhaps this is the problem???

Do i add the support folder in "Language Independent" from "Support Files" ???.

thanks to reply and sorry from my english, i'm spanish.
0 Kudos
thanatos83
Level 5

HI.

i think if i set this parameter on "OnFirstUIAfter" :

szTagFile = SRCDIR ^ "\support\executable.exe";
nResult = EnterDisk ( szMsg , szTagFile );

Perhaps installshield say me to prompt the proper disk where the exe is located and then execute them???. well the labels of DVD are "DISK1" and "DISK2", maybe should better to add the support folder in the second disk???.

I read help but i'm little confused :S
0 Kudos