cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanvir
Level 2

Prolems Creating service

Hi,

While creating service I'm facing a problem. There is an error red flag on top of my service name. (screenshot attached)
When I install it only the files get copied into the installation directory, but the service not get installed.
Also I'm not getting any error message!!

Creating and installing service with InstallShield worked fine for me earlier, but from today it is behaving like this?
Can anybody please help me out?

Installshield version: 2012
Project Type: Basic MSI

Regards
tanvir
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

That icon means the component is not included in any feature, and therefore won't be installed. In the Setup Design view, you can add that component to a feature (or to multiple features), and the component's data should be installed if the feature is selected.
0 Kudos
tanvir
Level 2

Hi Robert,

Thanks, problem solved, it was a life saver 🙂
But why there isn't any error message/tooltip shown on that icon like "This component is not included in any feature, so won't be installed"?
It would have make life easier ...

RobertDickau wrote:
That icon means the component is not included in any feature, and therefore won't be installed. In the Setup Design view, you can add that component to a feature (or to multiple features), and the component's data should be installed if the feature is selected.
0 Kudos