cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barron35
Level 3

Progress bar update with chained msi

Hello. I'm working with my first chained msi and have a working model. The one issue I see is the lack of an updated progress bar during installation. I know this is possible with prereqs, but what about with a chained msi? Thank you.

Greg
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

This is possible for external UI handlers, but is not directly supported by our current offering. You would have to write significant additional code in order to do this.
0 Kudos
barron35
Level 3

Ok, thanks Michael.
0 Kudos
hyper255
Level 3

MichaelU wrote:
This is possible for external UI handlers, but is not directly supported by our current offering. You would have to write significant additional code in order to do this.

I just wondered if anyone has managed to create any kind of workaround so that the progress bar is properly updated? Even if I could get a hold of a programmer, I wouldn't what to tell him to do.

I have 2 chained msi packages and they are almost 1 GB each so the missing progress bar is actually a big problem.

Using /qb (Basic UI) is an option, but it's quite annoying that it doesn't put the dialog from the chained installer in front of the main installer. Although the result is the same, the behaviour is confusing for the users.

Any help appreciated.
0 Kudos