cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterb
Level 3

Processor Not Supported Error

Hi,

I am new to InstallShiled. Just downloaded it so I can implement deployment projects in VS 2012 (migrating from 2010 at long last). Created a simple InstallShiled (Limited Edition) project in VS 2012, imported VS 2010 deployment project, filled in a couple of more fields, and compiled. All is good.

When I try to install I get the error which says that this installation package is not supported by this processor type. My OS Version is set as 'Any OS Version', and Processor is set as 'Any Processor'. Tried all other settings on this, allways same error.

What am I missing? I am running Windows 7 Pro, SP1, 32 Bits. Processor = Intel Core 2 Quad CPU, Q6600 @ 2.f GHz, 4 Cores

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

PB
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi Peter,

Could you please check and let us know if the same behaviour is seen on a 64-bit machine as well?

If there is any 64-bit component added in your setup, it by default becomes a 64-bit setup, which fails to run on a 32-bit machine and results in the error that you have mentioned.

Kindly let us know if it is any of the above mentioned issue and if it is not, we shall help you by investigating the issue further.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
peterb
Level 3

Hi Chaitra

That was it - I defined a registry entry for a 64 bit machine, and I am running a 32 nit machine. All is working well now. I just wish the error mesage was a bit more informative.

Thank you for your time and response, much apreciated.

PB
0 Kudos