cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asoffici
Level 2

Problems installing Windows 8 Excel add in

I have followed the instructions in the article "Deploying an Office Solution by Using Windows Installer" [http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc442767(v=vs.110).aspx ] and also setting the directory as indicated in the Help file for Installshield LE VS2012/13 beta version. The problem is that the add in does not load at start up as expected and it throws an error: "...not an add in" when trying to load manually.

I would appreciate any help I could get on this issue as the support for Installshield LE is actually not filling market requirements. I have also tried to use Installshield professional with simmilar results. There is a lack of documentation/examples to guide developers on Windows 8/8.1.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

From your description, I understand that excel add-in installation not working as expected on windows 8.

Could you please kindly provide the visual studio solution with installshield project, complete error message you are getting during manual loading and the installation verbose log to investigate the issue?

Regards,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos