cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ISSYS-Arjan
Level 2

Problem with Dependencies Assemblies

Hi!

Since a few days we are using Microsoft Visual Studio 2012. In VS2012 the Microsoft Setup projects are not supported anymore. So we start using Installshield 2012 LE.

When I build the setup project, I got strange warnings about assemblies we use:

(Example)
-6248: Could not find dependent file DevExpress.Charts.v12.1.Core.dll, or one of its dependencies of component ProCalc.Primary_output1 ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file DevExpress.Charts.v12.1.Core.dll, or one of its dependencies of component ProCalc.Primary_output1

I got this warning for 39 files (That are not all reference assemblies but some are duplicated) . These files are all added as Reference in the main project (So the files really exist), the problem does not only occur with the Developer Express dll files (www.devexpress.com) It looks like that the problem only occur when I use an combination of dll files.

I know we can disable the dependency check, but we don't want to include the files manually because we use TFS (So we can't add files with an absolute path)

How does Installshield detect and locate the dependencies of the project?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
bruce_scheffler
Level 5

I have the same problem and wrote to you earlier, apparently it did not make it.
I had to rebuild the project from scratch.
Start a new project.
Add one page at a time from your old project and compile. It will then add the dependent dll as needed to the setup.
Once done you will have a setup.exe file to use.
However it should be noted that if you delete the setup project and try it again, you have to start all over.
Apparently this is an existing bug not yet fixed and according to some Install Shields post not even understood.
0 Kudos