cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkumbale
Level 2

Problem downloading prerequisites

I have installed Visual Studio Professional 2012 (Update 2) which came with InstallShield Spring Limited Edition. I created an InstallShield project for my solution. However, I am unable to download prerequisites. I get the message enclosed as an attachment. My account on Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit is an administrator account.

Is there a way to make Bootstrappers located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows available to InstallShield? Also, is there a way for us to create our own prerequisite (prq) files?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Murali Kumbale
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
hidenori
Level 17

By default, if you launch Visual Studio by double-clicking its shortcut on a Windows Vista or later system, you will not have administrative privileges. To run InstallShield from within Visual Studio with administrative privileges on a Windows Vista or later system, right-click the Visual Studio shortcut on the Start Menu and then click Run as administrator.

The Professional and Premier editions of InstallShield include the InstallShield Prerequisite Editor tool for creating your own InstallShield prerequisites. Unfortunately, the tool is not available in InstallShield Express and Limited Edition. Also, InstallShield does not include support for Microsoft's Bootstappers.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos