cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sionice
Level 3

Problem Converting IS2008 to IS2009

Hey There,

I'm having an issue converting one of my projects from IS2008 to IS2009. It's an Installscript MSI project. Here are the steps that cause this issue:
1) Double Click MSI to launch in IS2009
2) Click yes on the "Do you want to convert the project" Dialog
3) Receive the error....
InstallShield: isdev.exe - Application Error
The Exception unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at location 0x6c347370.

I'm guessing that this is some type of XML parsing issue, and that there is probably something I can add/remove from the ISM XML file manually to resolve this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
sionice
Level 3

As a note, I've attempted to download and install: Q111364: HOTFIX: XML Import Crash...Which I feel might be my solution, though when I run the hotfix it simply says "The required language version of InstallShield was not detected on this system. Setup will now exit" =( Not sure what to do about that.

This is probably because it's a 10.5 update and I'm attempting to run it on IS2009. So then back to my original post I guess as to having no clue what's failing.
0 Kudos
sionice
Level 3

Well, I was able to resolve the situation after much tedious looking through logs. Maybe this will help developers resolve an issue, or maybe someone else experiencing the same thing.

But here is the entry that was causing the crash:

Assembly_
Name
Value

Assembly_1Name1

And here's the fix:

Assembly_
Name
Value

If someone can explain why that fixes the conversion, please feel free. 😃
0 Kudos