cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhavlick
Level 3

Prevent 32 bit install running on 64 bit OS

Hello,

I have a some prereq's / redistributables that are set for 64 and 32 bit OS's that I've used release flags for when building to just pull those. In my redistributable's conditions I've set them to only run on the 32 bit or 64 bit OS, however when I run a 32 bit setup that I've compiled on a 64 bit OS, it fails to run the prerequisites because those conditions aren't met.

Does anyone know if there is a way in like the Install Conditions to do something like:

If Release Flag = x64 then
If the OS is 64 bit
Continue
Else
Exit the setup

Basically I want a 32 bit setup to only run on a 32 bit OS, and a 64 bit setup to only run on a 64 bit OS. If not, fail the setup before the user starts going through the setup process.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It sounds like you're looking for the right combination of the ISReleaseFlags including x64 and VersionNT64 not being set. If you work out the correct Conditional Statement Syntax for that, you should be able to create a Launch Condition reflecting that.
0 Kudos
MattQVI
Level 8

I have the same issue.  If you specify Intel;1033 in the Template Summary for the product configuration and create a release that has flags x86, the install will let you put it on a 64-bit OS even though it's a 32-bit install.

Like you, I do not want that.  I have strict requirements of 32 for 32 and 64 for 64.  32 on 64 should produce an error.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos