cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
modulus
Level 2

Prerequisites

I've been using clickonce previously but I am trying InstallShield limited edition.
The application I am working on at the moment has a reference to a com dll (VB6) this dll itself references:
AccessDatabaseEngine.exe

I will need to add AccessDatabaseEngine.exe as a prerequisite however I can't see it in the list of redistributables in the
specify application data.
I do have the redistributable on the development machine (It is available through clickonce).

How can I include it in my setup?

Thanks
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jlynch11
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

If you have the prerequisite you can copy it to the prerequisites directory for InstallShield LE. Then refresh the program and it should show up in the redistributables view.
The default location for prerequisites is C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites.
0 Kudos
modulus
Level 2

I tried dropping AccessDatabaseEngine redistributable into the setupprerequisites folder. I tried refreshing the window but it does not show up.

Thanks

Andy
0 Kudos
jlynch11
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

If the file you are currently trying to include is "AccessDatabaseEngine.exe", you would need to create a prerequisite (.prq) file and drop that into that directory to make it show up in the redistributables view. The issue however is that while Installshield LE can include some commonly used prerequisites which we include as a courtesy, This ability to create your own prerequisites is only available in our Professional or Premier Versions.
0 Kudos