cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stechsrw
Level 3

Prerequisites marked "Copy From Source Media" fail after upgrade from 2008 to 2010

I have a project (InstallScript MSI) that spans multiple CDs (files all compressed into ab files) and ti used to run the Prerequisites from the ISSetupPrerequisites folder on Disc1.

The problem I am having after upgrading to 2010 is ALL of my Prerequisites try to download themselves when I run the install on a target machine. I verified they are on disc and work if I run them manually. I have confirmed the Prerequisites configurations have not changed. I tried making a new project from scratch and I have exactly the same problem.

If I make the setup compress the Prerequisites into the setup.exe it will not calculate the disc space correctly and runs over the size of the cd (650 becomes 851 MB).

Any thoughts or suggestions? I would not upgrade, but I need to support some MSI 4.5 stuff.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
stechsrw
Level 3

Bumping this up.

A little more info... After more testing it appears that as soon as I turn on spanning (automatic or manual) the Prerequisites no longer work from Disk1. They will try to download every time even though InstallShield built them into their own folder for distribution on Disk1. I could really use some insight on this one because I have to have these span CDs and cannot release on DVD.
0 Kudos