cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shin1018
Level 3

Prerequisite Check (NOT Including Prerequisites)

I just want to insert a dialog checking prerequiste depend on features.

I mean it's NOT including prerequisites.

Just want to check.

How can i do this without any script?? (Basic MSI Project)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

This is often done with a pairing of System Search (or searches) and Launch Conditions (or Type 19 "Error" custom actions). You just have to translate the check to MSI's notation.

Note that this check is good to perform even if you include the full prerequisite support, in case someone runs your .msi directly, instead of through setup.exe.
0 Kudos
shin1018
Level 3

MichaelU wrote:
This is often done with a pairing of System Search (or searches) and Launch Conditions (or Type 19 "Error" custom actions). You just have to translate the check to MSI's notation.

Note that this check is good to perform even if you include the full prerequisite support, in case someone runs your .msi directly, instead of through setup.exe.

hmm,, i want to insert dialog describing prerequisites check progress on textbox right after feature selection dialog because prerequisites for each feature are different

is it possible??

for example,
in textbox

Acrobat....OK
Office....Cannot be found
IE7....OK
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

Did you get this working as of yet?

I have a prerequisite that I currently have set to be installed before the main install, but now I want them to be installed when a Feature is selected to be installed. When I do this the main install runs, with Features turned on and the prerequisite is not installed.. So how does a prereq get installed when conditioned on a feature selection?
0 Kudos