cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vickenk
Level 4

Premier 2013 + Limited (2012 Spring) in the same Visual Studio solution

Hey guys,

Does anybody know if it is possible to run both limited (2012 spring) and premier 2013 editions on the same machine on the same VS2012 solution file?

I am running into various problems doing so in VS2010/2012:
[LIST=1]
  • It is asking me to force upgrade my limited edition projects, which I don’t want to.
  • 2. If I chose to repair my limited edition installation, those projects load in VS but premier project doesn’t.

Just want to know my options here? Should both projects load fine in visual studio at the same time? These problems started when I added my premier project to the solution. It appears that visual studio only supports one at the same time (either limited or premier) although both types appear in File>New>Project
  • Labels (1)
    0 Kudos
    (4) Replies
    hidenori
    Level 17

Check out this thread.
    0 Kudos
    Christopher_Pai
    Level 16

Would you expect to be able to open a VS2010 C# project and a VS2012 C# project in the same solution using VS2012?

Either upgrade or split out into two solutions.
    0 Kudos
    vickenk
    Level 4

hidenori wrote:
    Check out this thread.

I am unable to access the link. It says I don't have the right permissions.
    0 Kudos
    vickenk
    Level 4

Christopher Painter wrote:
    Would you expect to be able to open a VS2010 C# project and a VS2012 C# project in the same solution using VS2012?

Either upgrade or split out into two solutions.

Well, in this particular case it won't matter if I upgrade because I wouldn't run into licensing problems, whereas in IS I would. I am working in a team environment where each developer is responsible for packaging their own modules using IS limited edition, my machine has the premier edition to do "Suite" installation packages (occasionally I do limited edition releases as well for other developers). Now if I upgrade those limited edition projects they won't be accessible by the rest of the team and if I don't I won't be able to do limited edition installation from my machine.
    0 Kudos