cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maforshaw
Level 5

Position of standard initialization dialog is wrong

Has no one noticed that the position of the standard initialization dialog (InstallScript setups) is too high up the screen?

When the welcome dialog is displayed, I notice it "jumps" downwards because of the incorrect position. It is only slightly wrong but enough for me to notice.

I compared a few versions. It was correct in version 7 of InstallShield and broken in version 12 and 14 so somewhere in the middle it changed.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
esiemiat
Level 9

Are you using the small initialization dialog that gets displayed with the splash screen, or the large one that gets displayed seperatly?
0 Kudos
maforshaw
Level 5

esiemiat wrote:
Are you using the small initialization dialog that gets displayed with the splash screen, or the large one that gets displayed seperatly?

The large one with progress bar, designed to match the rest of the setup, only it doesn't.
0 Kudos
CRCInfoSys
Level 4

I noticed the issue as well. I just changed to use the small initialization dialog box.
0 Kudos
maforshaw
Level 5

I now know what is wrong. Drag your task bar up to cover up half the screen and run the install. The large initialisation dialog is centred within the remaining space. When the Welcome dialog appears, it jumps down and does not take into account the space taken up by the task bar. The taller your task bar, the problem is more obvious.

Therefore the bug is with the initialisation dialog; it should not take into account the height of the task bar when it calculates the screen centre (at least that is how other applications seem to work).
0 Kudos