Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulEden
Level 4

Populating Comboboxes in Suites

Hi

I'm very new to IS, by about 5 days.

As mentioned in other posts, the concept of a suite is to act as a central point for informaiton gathering for all features being installed.

Without any support at the suite level for complex logic such as scripts, I'm not sure how we are supposed to achieve this.

As an example, I want to supply the User with a combobox populated with DSN names from their system. I have seen a snippet of code for use with custom actions or installscript projects but as far as I can see, this can never be obtainable with a suite, forcing further information gathering at the package level.

Unless of course I'm missing something fundamental (which is more than likely).

Can anyone comment on this / correct me?

many thanks

paul
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The support for this in RTM is very sketchy, and we expect to fix that up and blog details about it in our first SP. So you're not really missing much yet that can be found.
0 Kudos
PaulEden
Level 4

Hi Michael

I know that there are a number of things that can effect it, but is there a rough estimat on when a service pack is hoped to be available? Without it, 2012 doesn't really offer anything over the previous version as far as suite functionality is concerned.

many thanks

paul
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

We're targeting well before the end of the calendar year. I'd say something like "soon" but everyone interprets that differently and Murphy's Law would somehow wreak havoc with the expected release process; I don't want that. 🙂
0 Kudos