cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Halyna
Level 3

Polish setup doesn’t display correctly some Polish characters

Hello,
My InstallScript MSI project includes English, French, German, Japanese, Polish and Spanish languages. For each language I have a separate build. All setups work fine, except Polish setup when running on English Vista or English Windows 7 doesn’t display correctly some Polish characters for the Feature Display Name. Please see the second character in the first feature name (screenshot attached). All dialogs strings, including the Feature Description on the same dialog, are displayed correctly. I wonder if somebody knows what might be a problem? I’m using InstallShield 2011 Premier edition.

Thank you very much!
Halyna
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

I am wondering if the character in question is a correct Polish character. Can you try and see if you can save the string into an ANSI text file on a Polish system as follows?

[LIST=1]
  • Copy and paste the feature name into Notepad.exe.
  • Save it as an UNICODE text file.
  • Open the UNICODE text file in Notepad.exe on a Polish system.
  • Save it as an ANSI text file.
  • Open the ANSI text file and observe if the string is correct.
  • 0 Kudos
    Halyna
    Level 3

Hi Hideroni,
    Thank you very much for answering my question. Yes, if I open ANSI text file saved on Polish system, the string is not correct.
    But I use the same string for the Feature Description and it is displayed correctly. You can see it on the screenshot, it is exactly the same string I got from Polish translator, I copy it and paste in the string table at the same time as two different strings. One is not displayed correctly (Feature Name) the second one is displayed correctly (Feature Description). Why then there is a difference when displaying Feature Name?
    Halyna
    0 Kudos
    hidenori
    Level 17

Can you open the built .msi in Orca, and see if the feature's display name and description are same in the Feature table?
    0 Kudos