cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vs20082010
Level 4

Please help: Redistributables : CAB file sequence order in Basic MSI wrong

Hello!

I have created a basic msi installation for smart device application.

Everything is okay: it can install in the mobile device BUT with a little problem:

In the restributables of the mobile device this is the execution order:

1. .NET CF 3.5
2. MS Client 2.0
3. My Mobile Device
4. SQL Server compact 3.5 core
5. SQL Server compact 3.5 Repl

what i want to do is, to install My Mobile Device on the last part like this:

1. .NET CF 3.5
2. MS Client 2.0
3. SQL Server compact 3.5 core
4. SQL Server compact 3.5 Repl
5. My Mobile Device

I have no idea where could I find this matter, in the Redistributables section, how come these files were separated from each other within which supposedly, install the redistributables first then my mobile device? how come there is a gap in between these redistributables?

Thank you in advance!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
vs20082010
Level 4

is there any resolution on this ?

thank you
0 Kudos
KevChuck
Level 2

Have you tried to right click in the window where the redistributables are listed. You should get a popup with a choice called "Set Prerequisite Order..." which then allows you to set the order in which they will be run.

Kevin Charles

AKA KevChuck
0 Kudos
vs20082010
Level 4

thank you Mr. Charles for your reply but this is possible only on the Redistributables side of the desktop pc.. how can I do it in the Mobile Devices section of the Windows Mobile Wizard -> .NET Compact Framework section?

I can only click on the redistributables but it does not have a right click feature to set the sequence order of the installation.

thank you.
0 Kudos
miha_00
Level 2

Is there any solution to this problem. I would also like to know how to solve this problem.
0 Kudos