cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vikram_Barche
Level 5

Please Help : Another version of this product is already installed

Hi

1.I have xyz.ism file with multi instancing support of 10 instances.
&
2.There is one more lmn.ism file for which there is no multi instancing support.

for both ism files the product code and Product Version is same.

In 1,for each 10 instances there is separte product code(Media->Releases->Project Assistances->Multiple Instance)

I have installed xyz.msi file.
when I am going to install lmn.msi file ,below error is coming.

[Window Title]
Windows Installer

[Main Instruction]
Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.

[OK]

Can you please tell me what is the cause of this issue?

Thanks
Vikram
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MattQVI
Level 8

Getting the same message but done a different way:

I have version 2.2.6 of an application already installed. A user, unsure of what version is on the PC decides to run the setup for 2.2.6 again and gets that error.

I discovered that when I originally installed 2.2.6, I did so from a network location that had a drive mapped to it whereas the unsure user typed the UNC path (no drive letter). If I map the same letter to my network area where the installs are, the problem goes away but it's definitely NOT the solution that I want.
0 Kudos
MattQVI
Level 8

Vikram -- It could be that since both .ISM projects have the same product GUID and version that it's treating it like it is the same application? Just a thought. BTW, are the upgrade and package GUIDs the same too?
0 Kudos