cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikita_osipenk
Level 2

Permanent Prerequisite

Jump to solution

I have a basic MSI that also installs/checks SQL Server native client (specific build) as a prerequisite. The problem I am running into is that it seems to be uninstalling it when I uninstall my MSI. I don't want it to do that. Is there a way to mark it as "permanent" or disable the action that uninstalls prerequisites (which action is it)?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

User error... 

The problem had nothing to do with prerequisites. Just a bloody coincidence that the files being removed from SYSTEM32 folder were also the files that were being installed by the prerequisite. I moved one of my custom actions before CostFinalize (intentionally) and some of the properties were not initialized at that stage, so my script defaulted to run under SYSTEM32 directory and wreaked havoc...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @nikita_osipenk ,

What is the option you had chosen when you selected pre-requisite ,New Feature or Install before feature selection?

With both the options i couldn't see that uninstall behavior with InstallShield built in pre-requisite msi.Unless untill we mention specifically uninstall might not get triggered i guess.

Is there anything specific to the pre-requisite msi you had added?

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

User error... 

The problem had nothing to do with prerequisites. Just a bloody coincidence that the files being removed from SYSTEM32 folder were also the files that were being installed by the prerequisite. I moved one of my custom actions before CostFinalize (intentionally) and some of the properties were not initialized at that stage, so my script defaulted to run under SYSTEM32 directory and wreaked havoc...

0 Kudos