cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smc0862
Level 2

Patches failing with 1334 error

My customer sites are progressively getting worse when installing patches. I build each patch the same way, most sites deploy successfully, but we are seeing more sites returning the following error.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Error 1334.The file '_008219155028.ini' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'PCW_CAB_Family1'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me what is causing this and how to fix this? I've been telling my support people that they have to fully uninstall the product and then reinstall the full package.

Anything in the log files I can look for from each patch log to see where these are failing? The previous patches on these sites that are failing now all completed successfully.

Any help appreciated.

Shawn
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
overlordchin
Level 6

I am pretty sure we saw a similar error with a conflicting MSI name. I think the only way we found to fix it was to change the installer to have a major upgrade for the previous version and to have it uninstall and reinstall instead of a patch release
0 Kudos
girimlr
Level 3

I'm too facing similar issue. how did you resolve it? no. of files in the patch are causing it?
0 Kudos