cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IS57911
Level 2

Patch sql scripts

Hello,

I am designing patch for our installer. I know there will be sql scripts to run during the patch install to patch our product's database. To do that, I made my base installer to run some sql scripts using SQL Scripts view of InstallShield IDE and have a runtime condition "PATCH".

Now I made a quickpatch project to patch those sql files and installed the patch. Although the sql files were patched, but it seemed that the old copies of those file were executed. How can I execute the new patched sql files during patch install? If SQL Script view does not support it, what is the best way to make patch installer executing some sql files that are part of the patch package?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Vijay__K
Level 7

Hi,
I am sure I read somewhere that you need to increment the revision number for the sql script from installshield sql script view.

Vijay
0 Kudos
IS57911
Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

But if I do not specify a schema version number for a SQL script, the script is always launched, according to InstallShield Help.

What I found out is that I cannot execute a sql script that is installed by the installer as 'SQL Script File Name' field of SQL Scripts view doesn't allow entry like [INSTALLDIR]MySqlFile.sql (error message: Invalid file name entered.). This does not make sense to me.

How to execute a sql script that is installed by the installer during install using InstallShield?
0 Kudos
JasperAJPrabhu
Level 2

Hi ,
I have a SQL Script named "output.sql" which has command to create a table.
I have to run this during isntallation. How do i do??
I am new to install Shield
0 Kudos
prasad_remo15
Level 3

Hi JasperAJPrabhu,

I am not sure whether this is a efficient way of doing but I usually do this to run a sql script. Launch SQLCMD using LaunchAppAndWait() and pass the necessary parameters like " -S .\SQLEXPRESS -d '' -Q "Query". If any body has an efficient way than this please advice
0 Kudos