cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liberybell
Level 4

Passing Property to deferred CA on merge Module

My Basic MSI project has two custom actions (CA). One is launch from the main project, the other is part of a merge module.
The CA on the merge module triggers find but it does not set the CustomActionData property correctly. Here is the details of the setting for the CA on the merger module:
-CustomAction: Set to run after WriteRegistryValues (via ModuleInstallExecuteSequence)
-SetCustomActionData: A 51 type CA that runs after costfinalize (set via ModuleInstallExecuteSequence) setting the value of INSTALLDIR as the CustomActionData for my 'CustomAction' CA.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

What's the actual name of your deferred custom action and the actual name of the property set by your type 51? ( Hint: They should be exactly the same. Second Hint: Don't forget the merge module signature that's part of the CA name )
0 Kudos
liberybell
Level 4

Christopher Painter wrote:
What's the actual name of your deferred custom action and the actual name of the property set by your type 51? ( Hint: They should be exactly the same. Second Hint: Don't forget the merge module signature that's part of the CA name )

CustomAction = OracleClient_Installed
51 CustomAction property name = OracleClient_Installed

I have tried to include the GUID of the CA on the property name of the 51-CA but it does not allow me to do so.

The ModuleInstallExecuteSequence of the CAs seems to be okay:
Costfinalize 1000
SetOracleClient Costfinalize 1 Not Installed
WriteRegistryVAlues 5000
OracleClient_installed WriteRegistryValues 1 Not Installed

Thanks for your input
0 Kudos
liberybell
Level 4

My custom action was not set to deferred execution.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Cool, glad you figured it out! 🙂
0 Kudos