cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thananjeyan_M
Level 6

Package 20+ MSI files

I want to package 20+ msi and exe files as single installer and it should support upgrade scenario.
How to create single installer in installshield?

Kindly help me.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
UtsabKarmakar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi @Thananjeyan_M,

If you want to only deploy 20+ msi and not install it one by one then do the following:
In MSI Project navigate to Releases View > Product Configuration > Releases > Compression = Compressed.image.png 
This will put all your payloads (20+ msi) in single setup.exe

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi UtsabKarmakar, Thanks for your Information.

I want to install 20+ MSI files one by one based on user selection. Is it possible in Issuite (advanced suite) project?

0 Kudos

Hi @Thananjeyan_M ,

Yes this is possible via Suite (Suite/Advanced UI) project only, present in Premier Edition.

Just for your information there are two types of Suite projects based on Edition. For additional information on Advanced UI Projects vs. Suite/Advanced UI Projects see: https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield25helplib/helplibrary/SteVsAdvUIProj.htm#creatingsuites_1766868741_1049983

Also yes it is possible to install 20+ msi base on user selection, but there not direct solution for that.
To achieve you requirement you can create Features and then associate the Feature to Packages.

image.png

image.png

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi UtsabKarmakar,

Thanks for your information. I have few more doubts on Suite Advanced UI projects. Kindly clarify it.

i) Is it possible to show SQL Server  dialog & validate user and password?
ii) can we do Dialog sequences.. like Basic MSI?
iii) How upgrade works for more number of MSI is integrated?

iv) Can you please share any sample project? 

0 Kudos