Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcmichel
Level 3

Other IIS Properties not set

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a setup that changes IIS settings .

I have configured my IIS App so that inOther IIS properties the option EnableParentPaths is set to TRUE.

But after the installation, the option in IIS remains FALSE.

All options in the property Grid are set correctly.

Installsheild 2022 R2, test on Windows server 2016 and 2022.

and there is nothing strange in the IS log:

InstallShield 16:48:19: PutPropertyValue: sProperty value sValue default.aspx bIsPath 0
InstallShield 16:48:19: PutPropertyCommon: sProperty value sValue default.aspx bIsPath 0
InstallShield 16:48:19: Setting property 'value' to value 'default.aspx' for element 'add'. Old value: ''. m_sSectionName : 'system.webServer/defaultDocument'.
InstallShield 16:48:19: put_value succeeded. get_StringValue now returns '0' with string value 'default.aspx'.
InstallShield 16:48:19: Adding the following element: add
InstallShield 16:48:19: CommitChanges for path 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/AppliDisAPI' and physical path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Systancia\AppliDis\Web\xml\'.
InstallShield 16:48:19: Changing CommitPath from 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST' to the following: MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/AppliDisAPI
InstallShield 16:48:19: SetVRtDelimMultiszProperty for property '6008' with value ''.
InstallShield 16:48:19: GetAdminSection for section 'system.webServer/httpErrors' and path 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/AppliDisAPI' and commitpath 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/AppliDisAPI'.
InstallShield 16:48:19: CommitChanges for path 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/AppliDisAPI' and physical path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Systancia\AppliDis\Web\xml\'.
InstallShield 16:48:19: Changing CommitPath from 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST' to the following: MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/AppliDisAPI
InstallShield 16:48:19: SetDynamicMetaDataProperties
InstallShield 16:48:19: AppHostElement objects detected. Unsupported property.
InstallShield 16:48:19: GetAdminSection for section 'system.webServer/staticContent' and path 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/AppliDisAPI' and commitpath 'MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/AppliDisAPI'.
InstallShield 16:48:20: Installing MIME types...
InstallShield 16:48:20: SetVRtStrProperty for property '9101' with value 'AppliDisAPI'.
InstallShield 16:48:20: Application pool is set during creation of virtual directory.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
gcmichel
Level 3

Hello,

I found this solution on the forum:  add a property to the project named IISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS with value = 1.

it's works! but i can't find any official documentation about this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(7) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @gcmichel 

Could you please explain are you seeing any issue on installation time?

I understand you are seeing this issue only in server 2016 and 2022 machines, which means its working fine in win10 machines correct?

0 Kudos

hi,

I only test on Windows Server because my application doesn't work on Win10-11.

Grégory

0 Kudos
gcmichel
Level 3

Hello,

I found this solution on the forum:  add a property to the project named IISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS with value = 1.

it's works! but i can't find any official documentation about this.

0 Kudos
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @gcmichel,

Thank you for your post.

Here is a link to documentation that I found, which discusses the IISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS MSI property:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Using-Microsoft-Internet-Information-Services-IIS-6-and-Earlier/ta-p/4604

Please review this documentation and let us know what you think.

Hope this helps.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

The article sadly on which case this option should be used.

adding to this, , on my website configurations, when I want to use "Other IIS Properties", the online document does not indicate that IISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS=1 has to be added.

the documentation only says :  Note • The other IIS property settings apply to IIS 6 and earlier. IIS 7 ignores these settings.

We have spent a lot of time finding this solution because the document is not clear.

0 Kudos

Hi @gcmichel,

Thank you for your reply.

Please accept our apologies for the confusion and any frustration.

What happens when you set IISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS to 1, rebuild your project, then retest this issue? What happens when you set IISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS to 0, rebuild your project, then retest this issue?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos

I tested the option, it works, but breaks the IIS application pool settings.

I have a choice between the website problem or the pool problem.

0 Kudos