cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mroy
Level 3

Operating System selection

I have the installer open in Visual Studio 2013 and the Project Assistant open to Installation Requirements. When I try to change the specified operating systems, I receive the following error message: Field "Condition" of table "LaunchCondition": The string is too long for the length specified by the column definition.

Same error as in 2013 Express.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
GrantK
Level 7

Install shield uses a not string to create its conditions. If you only select one operating system to support like w7, Installshield will build a command line not os1 && not os2 && not os3. Try including more os's to see if this helps to resolve this issue.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

This issue has been tracked under IOA-000079064 & IOA-000079310, and fixed in the Service Pack 1 of InstallShield 2014.
0 Kudos
billwelch
Level 3

Hello hidenori,

I am also having the error:

Field "Condition" of table "LaunchCondition": The string is too long for the length specified by the column definition.

However, I am having the error with InstallShield "Limited Edition" that is included with Visual Studio 2012. You have said that the problem is fixed in "Service Pack 1 of InstallShield 2014".

How do I get this fix for my version of InstallShield Limited Edition? More generally, how do check if my version of InstallShield Limited Edition is up to date, and how do I get updates?

Thanks for your help,

Bill Welch
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I'm pleased to announce that InstallShield 2015 Limited Edition is released today and the issue is fixed in that new version of InstallShield Limited Edition.
0 Kudos