cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Airbaal
Level 3

One setup file - including support files ?

Forgive me for what seems to be a stupid question, but I have searched both here and other places, and can't seem to find it.

I have a basic MSI project that installs files and then calls some InstallScripts, which accesses some files I have placed in the "Support Files" section. Now when I go to build the release, I want to build a single file that I can distribute, including the support files. Right now I can only get the "setup.exe" file to include the files in my Program Files\Product Name folder, and then it also puts the files in the Support Files folder in my distribution directory, as separate files. How can I have it create ONE file that includes everything, including support files?

Thanks so much in advance - this is driving me crazy...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

If you have the files that you included in the Support Files view added to the "Disk1" location, it will exclude those files from your single exe and place them in your distribution folder (Disk1) as you are seeing . You would need to add those files instead to the "Language Independent" or "English" (if you are using a language other than English, that will be listed here). Those files will then be compressed into your single exe.

Hope that helps.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
Airbaal
Level 3

Oh, very cool. Did not know that... I figured it was simple. 😃

Thank you VERY much!
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

No problem. 🙂

Just so that you understand the difference between them, you should familiarize yourself with the different Support Files location uses. I have posted a couple of our HelpNet links below:

http://helpnet.macrovision.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?mgr=agm&tpc=%2Frobo%2Fprojects%2Finstallshield14helplib%2FSetupFilesView_Standard.htm&wnd=InstallShieldLivingHelp%7CMain&agt=wsm&ctxid=search%2Fgsearch.asp

http://helpnet.macrovision.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?mgr=agm&tpc=%2Frobo%2Fprojects%2Finstallshield14helplib%2FSetupFilesView_Standard.htm&wnd=InstallShieldLivingHelp%7CMain&agt=wsm&ctxid=search%2Fgsearch.asp
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
Airbaal
Level 3

Thanks - I read those over and it all makes sense now 😃

Thank you very much for your help!
0 Kudos