cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gridman
Level 8

One Click Install in InstallScript

I usually do this kind of thing in Basic MSI, but my current project requires me to work in InstallScript.

I want to create a One-Click Install and sign everything, even the media header file (data1.hdr). I have a .pfx file and a .pvk file, but I need an .spc file in order to sign the header. At least that's what it says in the Digital Signature Options panel of the Release Wizard, that you need both .spc and .pvk.

My question is, how do I create an .spc file? I have looked on the net and tried various suggestions, but the .spc file I have created using openssl is not valid. I get an error when I try to build the One-Click release.

Has anyone done this before?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Generally when you received your initial certificate, it was distributed as a spc and pvk (public and private key files respectively). So while I know there are tools to convert that pair into a pfx (single file with both), I'm not familiar with ones going the other way. But there should be, or perhaps you can find or request your original spc.
0 Kudos
thomsontomy
Level 3

gridman wrote:

I want to create a One-Click Install and sign everything, even the media header file (data1.hdr).

Hi gridman,
Can you please tell me how can we sign all the files in one click installer?. I am now having a problem in mozilla firefox. The setup.zip that mozilla is using is not appeared as signed. So when we try to install using firefox, it shows a warning saying that my certificate cannot be verified. But in IE no problem.
0 Kudos