cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kubishtab
Level 3

ODBC Resource View in IS 2019 R2 Pro?

I'm working on our new Installscript MSI project, trying to create ODBC connections.  Based on searches through the community here, there should be an "ODBC Resource View" under system configuration.  I just see Shortcuts, Registry, and XML File Changes.

Where is the ODBC Resource View?  Are there steps to make it available, or is there new a different way to create ODBC data sources?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

It is there on my InstallShield Premier edition. Perhaps you are using Limited edition and it may not be available?

0 Kudos

I'm using the Professional Edition. Also I updated to 2019 R3 (from R2) and still can't see ODBC options.

So I've tried creating the registry entries manually for the ODBC data sources... but it keeps putting them under Wow6432Node. My General Information doesn't contain the "Template Summary" property. I looked around in the Direct Editor and found that in the ISRelease table the Platforms (s72) was set to Intel. I changed it to x64 BUT it didn't make registry entries go into the 64-bit area.

Attached is my ism file, if that helps.

0 Kudos

I have the Premier Edition of InstallShield and it looks like this:

0 Kudos

Yeah, no joy here.  Your screenshot is the first time I've actually seen it.  But your attempts to help are really appreciated!

0 Kudos