cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayashree
Level 3

Not able to reactivate of InstallShiled 2014 offline

We are facing issue while reactivating the InstallShield 2014 Professional offline.

Installshield tells me I have to reactivate, but it doesn’t work I am getting the error "error 0 - activation of the serial number failed. This activation request yields no right to license.".

What does this mean, and how can I reactivate my Installshield? I have also tried the offline reactivation but do not understand what I should do with the activation.xml I received.

Please find the attached document for more information.

Thanks for your help!

Jayashree

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @Jayashree ,

Looks like the serial number used for reactivation doesn't have a valid license entitlement, can you check whether you are using the correct serial number for activation.

To process an offliine activation for InstallShield version 2014 and up:

1. Select the offline activation option. An offline activation request will be generated.
2. Save the offline activation license.request file.
3. Click the Next button.
4. The next dialog should indicate that an offline transaction is pending.
5. Go to the following website to process your offline activation request: https://flexerasoftware.flexnetoperations.com/control/inst/offlineActivation
6. Click the Choose File button and browse to the license.request file that you recently saved.
7. Click the Process button.
8. Save the response.xml file.
9. Launch the application, once again. The Offline Activation dialog should be displayed.
10. Click the Load button and browse to the response.xml file you recently saved.
11. Click the Activate button.
12. Click the Finish button.

Occasionally, after saving the request file and clicking 'Next' you may see the software skip straight to the 'Activation Complete' dialog and then loading the same reactivation window next time you open the software. If this happens the best course of action is to return the licence and then activate again. 

To return the license, you can refer the below link:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Deactivation-of-InstallShield/ta-p/5281

After doing the above steps to return the licence. Open the software again and you will be presented with the activation wizard once more. Select the option to 'Activate or Purchase New Licence' then proceed with normal offline activation https://flexerasoftware.flexnetoperations.com/control/inst/offlineActivation
After generating the request code for either the return or the activation - If you do not see the response window which looks like this when you next launch the software:
User-added image

Then please open Regedit and Navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\<PRODUCT VERSION>

Then add a new DWORD called 'OfflineTransactionPending' and give it a value of '1'. Then launch InstallShield and you will see the response window.

Once you got the response window, you can load the response xml by clicking on the Load button. 

0 Kudos

We have followed the same instructions and getting offline activation failed error - Error 51314 IDS STR TRAN ERR RSP REQUEST NOT PENDING.

Below is the screenshot of the same error.

Please help us to resolve this one.

Thanks,

Jayashree

0 Kudos

Hi @Jayashree ,

Looks like the error says, "the response is for a request that is no longer usable".  

Error says, The response is not matching with the pending request.  may be the return request is trying to process with the activation response. or other way.

So, In this case you can do it freshly again and reset the registry key if it exist in the below location:

Reset 'OfflineTransactionPending' registry key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\<PRODUCT VERSION> to '0'. 

Did you return the license which is already activated on your machine, if you are able to return the license successfully then you can try to activate again.

In case if you are not able to do, you can contact Flexera Support :
https://community.flexera.com/t5/Support-Information/Support-Contacts/ta-p/94720

Or you can also contact via mail, support@flexerasoftware.com.

0 Kudos

Followed the mentioned steps got the below error.

Error 0 - Activation of serial number 92D7-469E-B7CC failed: That activation request yields no rights to license.

Thanks,

Jayashree

0 Kudos

Hi @Jayashree ,

Pls contact Flexera Support with the the details, you can get the contact information below:
https://community.flexera.com/t5/Support-Information/Support-Contacts/ta-p/94720

Or you can also contact via mail, support@flexerasoftware.com.

0 Kudos

Hi @Jayashree ,

Can you confirm whether you are using the correct serial number for activation, as per the previous message it looks like you are using invalid serial number (92D7-469E-B7CC) . It is not a complete serial number. Serial number will be in XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX format. 

And, do not post the serial number in this public forum, keep it confidential . 

0 Kudos