cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
FlexeraFan
Level 5

Not able to change header image on top of dialog

Jump to solution

I need to replace the default banner image at the top of my custom dialog box, and also for InstallShield out of the box dialog boxes. below are two lines of code I am using in order  to try and replace the header image. The code is inside of the .rul file of my custom dialog box. Anyway, the code is not working. The image is at the designated location, yet no header image is replaced. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

I have include a screen snapshot of what I am talking about

SdInit();
DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE,SRCDIR^"C:\\MySourceDir\\OrangeBanner.bmp");

EzDefineDialog(
"dlgAskForCreds",
"",
"",
DialogId);

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Select bitmap control (Name : ControlId_551) on a dialog and browse for new image file name as shown below. You need to repeat for all other dialogs (such as SdWelcome, SdFinish, and SdFinishReboot). After changing the sidebar image and rebuilding the project, the dialogs will be displayed with the custom image. 

image.png

You can as well try changing the direct image in the InstallShield distribution.  but still it will be necessary to right-click each exterior dialog box in the Dialogs view and select Edit to consider modified changes. 

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
Varaprasad
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Parameter SRCDIR^"C:\\MySourceDir\\OrangeBanner.bmp" is wrong. You are trying to append SRCDIR with another full path.

DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE,SRCDIR^"C:\\MySourceDir\\OrangeBanner.bmp");

You should be able to change the image as below. Make sure image is added to support files:

DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, SUPPORTDIR ^ "OrangeBanner.bmp", TRUE); 

For more information, refer below example:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield21helplib/Subsystems/installshield21langref/helplibrary/LangrefDialogSetInfo_example.htm#langref_appendixa_3241381926_1028486

0 Kudos

Thanks,  that worked. Any idea how I can change the side logo which appears on the InstallShield wizard page? It is off to the left of the dialog and takes up 1/3 of the screen.

0 Kudos

Select bitmap control (Name : ControlId_551) on a dialog and browse for new image file name as shown below. You need to repeat for all other dialogs (such as SdWelcome, SdFinish, and SdFinishReboot). After changing the sidebar image and rebuilding the project, the dialogs will be displayed with the custom image. 

image.png

You can as well try changing the direct image in the InstallShield distribution.  but still it will be necessary to right-click each exterior dialog box in the Dialogs view and select Edit to consider modified changes.