cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piotrek
Level 3

No support for IIS 8 even though Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 are supported

Hi All,

I wanted to find out if anyone has had any issues with IIS 8 installs on Windows 8 or Server 2012?

With Installshield 2012 Spring and SP1 we now have support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. An integral part of those releases, however, is IIS 8, which Installshield 2012 Spring w/ SP1 apparently does not support.

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

What does "apparently" mean here? I don't work with IIS myself, so I'm mostly trying to figure out if you've run into failures, or just don't see explicit claims of support.
0 Kudos
Piotrek
Level 3

Yes, we've been running into failures in various areas, but working with support now to fix the problems.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

OK, I'll look forward to details on their report if there's anything they can't help you resolve.
0 Kudos
Piotrek
Level 3

This is where we are currently stuck...

On Server 2012 and Windows 8, we are using the LogonInformation dialog. When you hit browse, you can choose a domain, but when you hit the button to browse for a user you get "Unknown error returned from netAPI. System error 1722". Note that this only happens when a domain has been selected. It doesn't happen if you choose the local machine.

The target system is connected to the domain, and the end user running the installation is also currently logged into the domain.

Suggested fix was to enable RPC services...

We started both RPC services, that is, RPC and RPC locator on both the local machine as well as the PDC, however the error still persists..."Unknown error returned from netAPI. System error 1722".
0 Kudos