cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amarjeet
Level 7

New registry key is removed when i build Installation on 64 Bit Windows 2008 server

Hi All,

Few years back I installed Installshield 2012 on Windows Vista 32 bit PC. Recently we purchased installshield 2013. So I started migrating my old projects from 2012 to 2013. The new PC with installshield 2013 installed is Windows Server 2008 - 64 Bit.

When I try to build the installation package on this new PC I get following error for all COM enabled components.

ISDEV : warning Val0009:A registry entry has been removed from the component 'xyz.ocx'. This key must be added to the RemoveRegistry table, otherwise it will be orphaned by an upgrade. '0|interface\{03f2457c-a625-4694-b7ec-9c67d92c991d}\proxystubclsid|

I have never seen this error on my old 32 bit vista box with IS 2012 installed.

Can anybody please explain why I am getting these errors on new configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Amarjeet
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

Did you change any properties for the release settings?
Specifically are you comparing this with a previous installation. The message appears to be related to that.

The reason why it may not be viewed in your previous versions of InstallShield is that the properties of what to check may not be the same between the two versions. Check your Tools > options to be sure that your settings are the same for the two versions. Pay particular attention to the settings for Validation.

Note that I am not saying that this is the problem, but it seems like the most likely cause of the message. Hopefully it helps. 😉
0 Kudos
Amarjeet
Level 7

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. From tolls options I have found that in .Net tab .Net Framework file locations for 64 bit was grayed out on my earlier pc ( as 32 bit OS was installed)

In my new PC both are ebabled. Can this cause issues ?

Amarjeet
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

Amarjeet,

I do not think so. The reason it is greyed out on a 32bit OS is that it simply does not exist.
I would think that InstallShield would use the x64 path for an installer flagged as a 64bit application, and use the 32bit .NET path for installation packages flagged for x86.

The message itself does indicate that it is doing a comparison between components from packageA to your new MSI package and saying that some value has been removed from a component and thus you should set the remove registry table.

I would double check to see if you really do need to add this value to the remove registry table. Perhaps IS2013 is just better at detecting these types of changes?
0 Kudos
Amarjeet
Level 7

Hi Dan,

Possibly IS 2013 is able to detect more registry changes than earlier one. Let me try few things and I will come back to you.

Thanks for your support so far.

Hoping to see you soon.

Amarjeet
0 Kudos