cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ropeller
Level 2

Never prompted for activation

I was never prompted for activation on Installshield limited edition 2013 on a windows 8.1 computer. Now I cannot locate the installshield template in Visual Studio 2012.
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Kindly navigate to the below path location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\System

You will find " tsconfig.exe ". Run this file and enter your serial key that you have received after ISLE download and complete the Activation process.

Please restart Visual Studio application and create a new project, to check on the "Setup and deployment" template.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
ropeller
Level 2

Activation now worked fine, but still not listed under templates in Visual Studio. If I click help, about Visual Studio it shows as an installed product. The Visual Studio is 2012 Shell(integrated). I tried repairing both Installshield and Visual Studio and restarting no luck.
0 Kudos
ianmrichardson
Level 2

I'm having the same problem! After installing InstallShield Limited Edition, and opening Visual Studio Express 2013 for windows desktop, there is no 'setup and deployment' template listed.
Anybody have any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

InstallShield Limited Edition do not support Visual Studio Express version. Kindly try the integration with Visual Studio Professional, Premium and Ultimate.

Please let me know your observation after trying this.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos