cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCEagle
Level 2

.Net Framework 3.5 as a requirement

I am using InstallShield Express 2009 and my application needs .net 3.5 framework to be already installed on the machine. I checked ".NET 3.5 is installed" in the System Software requirements in the Requirements list. I already have .net 3.5 and .net 3.5 sp1 installed on my Vista machine. I run the setup, it says "you need .net 3.5 to be installed to continue this installation" and the installation does not continue.
Why is InstallShield Express 2009 not recognizing that .net 3.5 is already installed on the machine?

--CC
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
gmcbath
Level 2

What a drag.

This is the exact problem I was looking for an answer to. Wouldn't you know it, no one has responded yet, and the post is 4 months old.

Hey any InstallShield geeks have any comments on this issue?

Please?
0 Kudos
gmcbath
Level 2

Look at this post:

http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=183098&highlight=%223.5+installed%22

Inside the VS 2008 InstallShield IDE I went to the view Installation Information, General Information, on the left hand side I selected Product Properties, then on the right hand side I double-clicked Installation Condition, then set DOTNETVERSION35>="3.5.21022.08" and updated the error message to include SP1.

Bizzare sequence huh?

I never did see the ellipsis button the original post or InstallShield help file refer to, either in the IDE or the stand alone editor.
0 Kudos