cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoderCoder
Level 8

.Net 3.5SP1 requiring reboot

I have a pre-req of .net 3.5sp1 which requires windows installer 3.1 at minimum. At the end of those pre-reqs installation, the installer pops up a reboot message in mid installation. User think the installation is finished whereas it is just pre-reqs installed. I think I can avoid this reboot by editting the pre-req but is this going to cause any issue? Also note that I will also do .Net Precompile Assembly on the components.

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
schmoli
Level 6

Always test with your own installation, but I was able to edit my prq file under "Behavior" tab, and change the "If the prerequisite appears to need a reboot:" value to "Note it, fail to resume if the machine is rebooted, and reboot after the installation".. this causes 3.5sp1 to not reboot, finish installing my other pre-reqs (which have the same setting), and then install my application, which is allowing the system to reboot at the end.. meaning I get everything installed in one go and then reboot at the end.
0 Kudos
JoderCoder
Level 8

Yes, thanks, but my question is if I defer the reboot to the end of the installation, will it cause any problems in terms of pre-compiling the .Net binaries?
0 Kudos