cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZygoCorp
Level 6

.Net 3.5 as prerequisite - PROBLEM

I've migrated my InstallScript prject from 2010 to 2011 and am testing things. One of the first things I noticed was that in the PREREQUISITE list Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is listed twice - at the bottom of the list and in the middle bwteen the .net 2.0 and .net 4.0 files....Both entries in the list match as far as all of the property pages.

I removed 3.5 from my test system to verify that it would install it, and it didn't. My other prerequisites are correctly identified as missing and installed.

I'm not sure I agree with the properties of both entries - the CONDITIONS list:
"Registry entry has certain value" and the value is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDPP\v3.5

and the run prerequisite if is set to "data on target system is less than"

I'm not convinced this test criteria is correct.

Regardless, IS is NOT installed the prerequisite as requied and needed. Thoughts.....
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
mitutoyo
Level 4

I don't know if I'll be of much help to you but I also migrated an InstallScript project from 2010 to 2011. My prerequisite was the base .NET Framework 3.5 (not SP1), and when I go into Prerequisites I see .NET Framework 3.5 twice in the list in the same places you saw your prereq. I only see .NET 3.5 SP1 once. So I'm suspecting the one at the bottom of the list is there because of the migration of the project.

Interestingly, my prerequisite was installed appropriately using the 2011 build, so I'm betting if you have problems with the installer not recognizing your prereq is not installed, it's probably due to the prereq itself rather than the fact you migrated from an earlier version. Also (file this under stupid question), your prerequisite does say "installed locally" rather than "needs to be downloaded"? I had to re-download the prereq after migrating because 2011 looks in a different folder than 2010 by default for its prereqs.

As for seeing the same prereq twice, I have not tried this, but I wonder, if you remove the prerequisite and rebuild the project, then go back to Prerequisites, will it still be there twice?
0 Kudos